Who should attend
Product Owners, Product Managers and Business Analysts who want to understand user stories at a more profound level and need a better way to manage them. Software developers and other roles involved in the business analysis can benefit from applying the story mapping technique.
In this practical workshop, you will learn how to use story mapping to identify, plan, and focus the features that need to be done from the users’ point of view.
This workshop is very practical, with about 50% of the time spent practicing the concepts that are presented. You will also benefit from a short presentation, continuous feedback from the trainer, Q&A, and Anti-patterns.
- What is really a user story?
- Downsides of user stories and list – style backlogs
- What does the user really want – or what is a useful working increment
- Story mapping basics
- Build a story map by yourself
- Complex story maps: branches, parallel execution, etc.
- Build a story map in a group
Optional, depending on time and audience:
- Facilitation techniques for the Story Mapping workshop
- Personas and how they can help defining story maps
For best results, you should have at least 2 years of experience as a product owner, business analyst, or practicing business analysis from other roles. Knowledge of agile principles and practices will help you understand the content better.
- Language: English
- Experiential, hands-on, interactive online learning with practical examples
- Participants will be awarded a Mozaic Works certificate of completion
- The maximum group size is 12
- Group discounts apply. Contact us for groups larger than 50 participants.